Car accidents are prevalent, with an alarmingly high rate of statistics. Fortunately, car accidents are also easily preventable. At Tony’s Brake & Alignment, your safety is of utmost importance for our team, so we decided to dedicate this blog to help our clients avoid accidents with these easy tricks.
Here are five ways to avoid a car accident:
- Always remain vigilant while driving. It is easy to get distracted while driving, but your vehicle is the last place for multitasking. As we drive over the years and become more experienced, we tend to think we are almost invincible, but distracted driving is one of the leading causes of accidents. Keep your attention on the road at all times.
- Watch out for drivers who run red lights. Before entering an intersection, we recommend counting to three after the light turns green. Look both ways, looking out for any drivers trying to speed last minute through a yellow light.
- Follow the 12-second rule. We recommend focusing on the region of the road you will be driving in 10 to 12 seconds. This way, you can be prepared for sudden lane changes or stops. When practicing this rule, you are automatically courteous to other drivers, respecting their space and being mindful of what is happening in front of you.
- Be mindful of your windshield wipers and lights. Your windshield wipers and lights are your first line of defense against the elements. They must be in working order. The team at Tony’s Brake & Alignment would be happy to take a look at your lights and windshield wipers to ensure they are in tip-top shape and ready for whatever Mother Nature has in store!
- Preventative maintenance is critical. A well-maintained car is a safer vehicle. When your vehicle is maintained correctly, it runs effectively and efficiently. Not only will your vehicle drive safely and smoothly, but you are also increasing your car’s longevity. It is a win-win situation!
When it comes to driving and auto repair, it is always better to be safe than sorry. Together, we can make sure you reach your destination safely, with conscious and courteous driving and routine maintenance. Schedule an appointment today for maintenance and auto repair. Tony's Brake & Alignment is located at 4800 Poplar Level Road, Louisville, KY, 40213. We look forward to seeing you soon.