Let’s Remember The Fallen American Heroes
Photo by Vivek Kumar on Unsplash
On Monday, we get to celebrate America’s Independence Day. However, the Fourth-of-July celebration often feels like it goes all month long, especially here in Louisville, when the weather is good. We’ll continue to BBQ, celebrate, and express our gratitude for those who have served and continue to serve. Don’t forget amid all your plans to take some time to remember the fallen heroes this year.
Ways To Remember The Fallen American Heroes
A passing thought may be all you have the capacity for, especially if you’ve recently gone through a loss. However, if you don’t know where to start, there are many creative and easy ways to honor the fallen American heroes who served our country. We picked out six of the most family-friendly ways to do so:
- Visit the Patriots Peace Memorial, Kentucky Medal of Honor Monument, or another war memorial in the state. These visits can lead to reflection and remembrance.
- Tell your kids stories and show them photos of the veterans in your family. A great way to honor your loved ones and the veterans in your family is to keep their legacy by sharing their stories with a new generation.
- Offer support to a military family you know. Whether you know a family who has lost someone or a loved one deployed, you can offer your time or support by cooking, babysitting, or even helping with household chores.
- Read books, watch movies, and listen to music that honors our fallen heroes. Sometimes, watching movies or engaging in media that reminds us of the sacrifices made by our fallen heroes can help inspire other ideas on how to honor them.
- Donate your time to a local retirement home with veterans. Your kids can bring in crafts, listen to stories, and help to thank the veterans who may have lost good friends or family over the years.
- Donate money. If all of this is out of the question on a tight schedule, consider donating money to a cause that supports veterans or the families of fallen heroes.
Check With Us Before Heading Out
If you’re headed out to celebrate elsewhere, you can come to see us at Tony’s Brake & Alignment in Louisville for your pre-trip needs. At Tony's Brake & Alignment in Louisville, Kentucky, we have an expert team ready to help you with preventative maintenance and care issues. Schedule an appointment today for maintenance and auto repair. Tony's Brake & Alignment is located at 4800 Poplar Level Road, Louisville, KY, 40213. And don't forget to check us out on Facebook for news and updates! We look forward to seeing you soon.