Winter is quickly approaching! We can’t believe how fast the year flew by. It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating Easter. With winter almost here, we might find ourselves starting to plan the holidays while being mindful of COVID-19. With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, we might forget about the health and safety of your vehicle. Just like how you have to prepare for winter, your vehicle does too. The team at Tony’s Brake & Alignment is here to help ensure your vehicle is ready for winter!
To make sure your vehicle is ready for winter, our technicians will pay close attention to the following components, as they will be working extra hard during the winter:
- Windshield wipers: When we think of auto repair, we tend to think of our brakes, tires, or even transmission, but our windshield wipers are also crucial to our overall safety on the road. Just imagine you are driving in the rain, and your windshield wipers aren’t working properly. During winter, you need your windshield wipers more than ever.
- Battery check: Throughout winter, we are using certain electrical systems much more frequently, such as your heater and defroster. This extra usage places more of a strain on your battery. Our technicians will keep a close eye on your battery’s condition.
- Tires: In cold weather, your tires will actually lose one pound per square inch whenever the temperature drops 10 degrees Fahrenheit. When your tires are not properly inflated, they will lose traction, which is why our team will examine your tires upon arrival at our facility.
- Belts and hoses: If your belts and hoses are older, they are more at risk of breaking and cracking during the winter months. Our team will perform a thorough inspection designed to determine whether your belts and hoses need to be replaced in order to face the upcoming drop in temperature.
- Lights: Your lights are imperative during winter. The nights are longer, so we might find ourselves spending more time driving in the dark or even in the rain. Your lights are crucial to ensuring your safety and the safety of other drivers on the road.
The team at Tony’s Brake & Alignment wants you to have a safe, happy, and healthy holiday season without any surprises. If you are planning any holiday road trips, we recommend packing an emergency kit just in case. Schedule an appointment today to get your vehicle ready for winter. Tony's Brake & Alignment is located at 4800 Poplar Level Road, Louisville, KY, 40213. We look forward to seeing you soon.