Photo byHolly Mandarich onUnsplash
Summer may be ending, but that does not mean that the adventure has to end! Labor Day is a perfect opportunity for you to set up an exciting road trip with your family. In this article, we’ll explore the 5 best places in Kentucky that will quench your thirst for adventure!
1. Red River Gorge - The Grand Canyon of Kentucky, besides being designated as a National Natural Landmark, is also an adventurer’s paradise. It's complicated system of waterfalls, natural bridges and rock shelters is considered a hiking and rock-climbing paradise, with the Gorge considered one of the world’s top rock climbing destinations.
2. Mammoth Cave National Park - Fan of prehistory? Then Mammoth Cave is for you. The Mammoth Cave is the longest cave system known in the world, and although you can’t really explore it in a day (it’s over 600km!), the cave’s natural architecture, such as the Frozen Niagara, and the amazing cave tours will leave you with your jaws dropped when you leave.
3. Cumberland Gap National Historical Park- The Cumberland Gap is a natural pass in the Appalachian Mountains, famous for being (probably) the first gateway to the American West, that allows you to see the states of Kentucky, Virginia, and Tennessee simultaneously! The hiking trail to the sand cave located in the park also offers you the chance to encounter where our ancient ancestors have lived and thrived, although if you ask us, the journey to get to the cave is an even more mesmerizing experience (the forests are incredible).
4. The Berea Pinnacles - Looking for an award-winning view? The hiking trail for the Berea pinnacles is considered one of the most beautiful in the USA, and the landscape is at its peak during the fall season, allowing you to experience the full marvel of fall foliage. And, unlike Red River Gorge, the Berea pinnacles are crowds-free!
5. Kentucky Lake - If the Amazon river is too far away for you, there’s the Kentucky Lake! The Kentucky lake is one of the largest man-made lakes in the eastern US and annually pulls 17 million visitors every year! The reason we made the comparison with the Amazon is that, for an artificial lake, the small land pieces across the dam resemble the ancient and natural beauty of the South American river! If you are more of the active type and prefer to do things, rather than sit and enjoy the view, the lake offers an array of opportunities for outdoor, boating, and fishing enthusiasts!
So, are you ready for your Labor Day adventure? Before you start the engine, we’d like to have a word with your car! When it comes to driving and auto repair, it is always better to be safe than sorry. Together, we can make sure you reach your destination safely, with conscious and courteous driving and routine maintenance. Schedule an appointment today for maintenance and auto repair. Tony's Brake & Alignment is located at 4800 Poplar Level Road, Louisville, KY, 40213. We look forward to seeing you soon.